Shadow Health Assignments
As you encounter the challenge of discovering fresh approaches for students to grasp clinical skills, you’re presented with a unique opportunity to offer uniform patient experiences to all students. Even if they aren’t physically in the clinical setting, students can gain an authentic experience with Simulation Learning Systems (SLS) by utilizing the EHR (Electronic Health Records) and its accompanying tools such as Clinical Key and Clinical pharmacology.
SLS presents comprehensive tools for simulating patient experiences in your simulation lab. Starting from preparation and extending to debriefing, SLS equips both students and instructors with the means to craft a simulated patient care encounter, especially as programs transition to exclusive online instruction. The SLS scenarios prove to be an invaluable resource in this context as well.
Struggling to meet your deadline?
Get your assignment on Simulation Learning System (SLS) for Different Clinical Experience done by certified MDs and PhDs in the USA. ORDER NOW!
Here’s an illustrative plan for effectively employing these simulations in a virtual setting:
– Instruct students to go through assigned readings, complete SLS pre-simulation exercises, and undertake the pre-simulation quiz.
– Develop a strategy for engaging with the patient and carefully review the medical chart of the assigned patient. In lieu of interacting directly with a simulation mannequin, instructors can offer prompts that align with the patient’s condition and the objectives of the course or clinical experience:
– Identify critical assessments for this patient.
– Anticipate anticipated outcomes.
– Recognize potential complications to be vigilant about (including their manifestations and appropriate responses).
– Prioritize the execution of orders.
– Deliberate on tasks suitable for delegation.
– Determine which assessment findings might raise concerns related to administering a prescribed medication.
– Formulate a comprehensive discharge plan.
– Devise suitable patient education.
– Establish a discussion board for addressing these aspects. Alternatively, consider conducting a webinar or tasking students with submitting their input online.
– Conclude the simulated experience with post-simulation exercises and/or a post-simulation quiz.
– Additionally, students can fulfill pre-clinical tasks (available in SimChart EHR) or the customary clinical paperwork assigned for the course.
Moreover, these scenarios can be optimally leveraged as an instructional tool within the course:
– Utilize the patient report from an SLS scenario to shape a discussion board that centers on the critical priorities of patient care.
– Encourage students to review the case and explore hypothetical scenarios. The distinct phases outlined in the implementation module of the scenario prove to be particularly valuable for this purpose. For instance, how might a patient’s vital signs be influenced if a specific medication isn’t administered, or if the patient were to exhibit an allergic reaction.
Dont wait until the last minute.
Provide your requirements and let our native nursing writers deliver your assignments ASAP.